Sitting just above the bottom of the Balcones Escarpment in an area affectionately known as the Swiss Alps of Texas, The 4,000 +/- acre Montell Summit Ranch features stunning mountain-top views, a 15-acre lake, abundant flowing springs and recreational features such as Native American mounds, caves and pecan groves. Many of the springs on the Ranch have been developed into flowing creeks, waterfalls and ponds, while others have been left untouched.
- LOCATION: Located in the Nueces River Valley of Texas, the 4,000+/- acre Ranch is in Uvalde County. 33 miles NW of Uvalde and the 5,256 air strip at Garner Field Airport.
- TOPOGRAPHY: The elevation ranges from 1960’ above sea level, at the top of the highest peak to 1440’ along the banks of the 15 acre lake. The more than 500’ of elevation change provides phenomenal views, great privacy, and the opportunity to impound large amounts of water.
- VEGETATION: From the fertile bottom land to the mountain top, there is great diversity in vegetation. The shallow water table in the lower portions of the ranch allow for subirrigation of century old hardwoods and pecans. As you move up in elevation you will notice the same hardwoods, with the addition of cedar and native brush.
- WATER: The abundance of water on the Montell Summit Ranch, sets it apart from other ranches in the area, making it an oasis in a traditionally arid region of the state.
- The Ranch has 15 springs that provide consistent year-around water to creeks, ponds, and a 15 acre crystal clear, spring fed lake.
- WILDLIFE: Native wildlife on the ranch consist of whitetail deer, turkey, duck, dove, quail, feral hogs, as well as varmints and other small game. You will also find a healthy population of exotic species on the ranch that include axis, sika, fallow deer, black buck antelope, aoudad and other species of wild sheep.
Want to take a tour of this property?
Fill in your details and we will contact you to confirm a time.