This unrestricted 10 acres abutting FM-150 and Onion Creek in Driftwood, TX offers an opportunity to stake your claim on a highly versatile tract centered along a corridor of the Hill Country experiencing a renaissance period of growth for businesses, upscale living communities, luxurious amenities and evolving infrastructure. The site is unrestricted and is primed for a variety of commercial development ventures including venue, retail/dining, industrial/manufacturing, flex space, a long term investment hold, etc. all of which would be positioned in the path of growth. The tenant occupied garage apartment provides income ($1000/month) to offset carrying costs for an investor looking for longer term hold asset.
Location and Access: The location is logistically advantageous for business owners, daily commuters or land banking investors who wish to be positioned centrally to numerous booming markets that can be quickly accessed via direct frontage on a major thoroughfare and be neighbors to some headline attractions. The property sits within Dripping Springs ETJ.
- MSA Proximities: <10 min. to downtown Dripping Springs (HEB Grocery); 30 min. to Austin’s downtown and airport; <25 min. to Buda and Kyle (ranked top three fastest growing cities nationally)
- Local Attractions: <5 min. to Discovery Land Co.’s luxurious 800AC Driftwood Golf and Ranch Club, the famous Salt Lick BBQ, and Fall Creek Vineyards
- Access: ±311 front feet along FM-150 (2021 AADT: 4699). TXDot permits previously granted for deceleration lane inbound to site to support trucks entering site.
- FM 150 serves as a primary East to West connector route through Hays County between Dripping Springs and the I-35 Corridor. Under 1mi. to FM-150/1826 intersection connecting to Austin.
- TXDot Long Term Transportation plan calling for extension/realignments to FM-150 and FM-1826 to support projected growth and enhanced mobility.
Pre-Development Due Diligence: A conceptual grading plan was professionally engineered (conceptual & not permitted) to layout a potential use case for the site which accounts for 26,400SF of leasable flex/office/light industrial space plus secured outdoor storage, 47 parking spots, a TXDot permitted FM-150 deceleration lane to support large trucks/equipment, utility locations, drainage/floodplain/topo contours. The build out design maximizes land use to satisfy impervious coverage limits while remaining outside of 500yr FP. While most of the land has been cleared of trees to dampen make ready site costs, the trees that are left serve to dampen road noise until the time of construction, preserve privacy along fence lines and maintain the landscape along the private trail spanning ±645’ of Onion Creek. Just recently, a layer of fill dirt was applied to improve site leveling and a new base was added to the entry road.
Utilities and Improvements: 1152 SF two story garage apartment built in 2000 which is currently under a month to month lease. There is a 576SF 1/1 apartment with an attached balcony with a view, and a 576SF double bay garage that can be used for storage/workshop. It is positioned near the front of the property out of the way of any development one would wish to add elsewhere. The connected utilities include a private on site well, conventional septic system, and power. A holding tank and/or rain water catchment system can be installed to supplement capacity needs until if/when public utilities are available.
For more information or to set up a showing, please contact listing agent, Reid Barry, directly: (512)867-5988 OR [email protected]